The Media Objectives studio is hiring a Senior Designer for our Chicago Office.
If you are enthusiastic about leveraging visual communication design to build a stronger connection of people to spaces, brands and ideas, this is the team for you. Media Objectives (M-O), an award-winning experiential graphic design studio, is looking for a full-time Senior Designer for our Chicago office.
Our team of curious, committed and talented creatives comes from diverse backgrounds - including visual communication, architecture, interior design, industrial design and brand strategy. At M-O, you’ll collaborate with this team to deliver unique experiential graphics, signage, wayfinding, branding and installations for the world’s leading tech companies, developers and institutions across the country.
What you'll do at M-O
- Lead project design teams through entirety of project
- Conduct research and analysis to develop project programming
- Develop strategic and conceptual vision(s) for a project
- Collaborate on and direct overall creative direction for a project
- Conceptualize and design both 2D and 3D environmental graphics
- Manage project scope, schedule and budget(s)
- Assist with reviewing internal staffing plans and billings
- Create detail documentation and specifications for projects
- Coordinate team on creation of production ready artwork
- Coordinate with vendors and contractors on the implementation process
- Assist with project close-out to for marketing purposes
- Provide creative mentorship to studio
- Report directly to both M-O Principal and Studio Director
The Must Haves
- 5 - 7+ years of of experience in environmental graphic design or related
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Architecture, Interior Design or related
- Proven track record with providing creative direction on projects
- Experience communicating and collaborating directly with clients
- Experience managing and directing project teams
- Thorough understanding of project process from start to finish
- Advanced skills with 3D modeling (e.g. sketchup, rhino or similar)
- Advanced skills in typography, composition, and color theory
- Understanding of architectural scales and drawings
- Ability to assemble, coordinate and review design intent documents
- Ability to coordinate directly with fabricators and vendors
- High-level proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud Apps
- Experience and understanding of CAD Tools
- High-level proficiency in Windows
- Personable and professional
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Excellent communication skills
- Have a fearless go-getter attitude
What to Join Us?
Email your resume and portfolio as one single PDF or provide a link to your Website to “firstname.lastname@example.org” (Max. File Size: 20MB).
Media Objectives is an award-winning interdisciplinary studio uniquely housed within the architectural firm Valerio Dewalt Train. Leveraging design we better connect people to spaces, brands and ideas. Our clients include the world's leading tech companies, developers, and institutions - including Google, Adobe, Chicago Park District and Cal Poly State University.
Valerio Dewalt Train offers competitive wages and benefits including health and dental insurance, transit benefits, 401K plan and profit sharing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.