M-O Senior Designer
The Media Objectives studio is hiring a Senior Designer for our Chicago Office.
Media Objectives is a multidisciplinary experiential design studio — one that is energetic, curious, driven and collaborative — constantly striving to push the traditional boundaries of design. We are currently looking for a senior environmental / experiential graphic designer to join us at our Chicago studio.
As a Senior Designer at M-O, you’ll collaborate on a daily basis with your fellow team members and creative partners to design, develop and implement experiential graphic design solutions representative of our clients’ brands. As a smaller studio, you will have a very active role throughout all aspects of project work. Whether that be on projects with the in-house architectural studio or with our studio’s own clients.
What you'll do at M-O
- Lead design teams through entirety of projects
- Conduct research and analysis to develop project programming
- Develop strategic vision for projects
- Collaborate on and direct overall creative direction for studio projects
- Conceptualize and design both 2D and 3D environmental graphics
- Manage project scope, schedule and budget(s)
- Assist with reviewing internal staffing plans and billings
- Create detailed documentation and specifications for projects
- Coordinate team on creation of production ready artwork
- Coordinate communication with client on projects
- Coordinate communication with entire project team
- Coordinate with vendors and contractors on the implementation process
- Assist with project close-out to for marketing purposes
- Provide creative mentorship to studio
- Assist with talent and recruitment efforts for the studio
- Report directly to both M-O principal and studio director
- 7 - 10 years of experience in environmental / experiential graphic design
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Interior Design, Architecture or related
- Proven track record with providing creative direction on projects
- Experience communicating and collaborating directly with clients
- Experience managing and directing project teams
- Thorough understanding of project process from start to finish
- Advanced skills in typography, composition, and color theory
- Understanding of architectural scales and drawings
- Ability to assemble, coordinate and review design intent documents
- Ability to coordinate directly with fabricators and vendors
- High-level proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud Apps
- Experience and understanding of CAD Tools
- Advanced skills with 3D modeling (e.g. sketchup, rhino or similar)
- High-level proficiency in Windows
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Have a fearless go-getter attitude
What to Join Us?
Email your resume and portfolio as one single PDF or provide a link to your Website to “email@example.com” (Max. File Size: 20MB).
Media Objectives is a multidisciplinary design studio uniquely housed within the architectural firm, Valerio Dewalt Train. Leveraging design, we better connect people to spaces, brands and ideas. Our team of curious, committed and talented creatives come from diverse backgrounds - including visual communication, architecture, interior design, industrial design and brand strategy. We work with the best tech companies, developers, and institutions around the world to bring their brands to life - including Google, Adobe, Glassdoor, Chicago Park District, the University of Chicago and Cal Poly State University.
Valerio Dewalt Train offers competitive wages and benefits including health and dental insurance, transit benefits, 401K plan and profit sharing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.