The Media Objectives studio is hiring a Senior Designer for our Chicago Office.
Media Objectives is a multidisciplinary experiential design studio — one that is energetic, curious, driven and collaborative — constantly striving to push the traditional boundaries of design. We are currently looking for an environmental / experiential graphic designer to join us at our Chicago studio.
As a designer at M-O, you’ll collaborate on a daily basis with your fellow team members and creative partners to design, develop and implement experiential graphic design solutions representative of our clients’ brands. As a smaller studio, you will have a very active role throughout all aspects of project work. Whether that be on projects with the in-house architectural studio or with our studio’s own clients.
What you'll do at M-O
- Collaborate with team members to our portray our client’s brands, values, and culture through environmental graphics, signage, wayfinding, print and digital applications
- Work on all phases of a project, from programming through implementation
- Conduct and synthesize research to set a project program, vision, and goals
- Conceptualize and develop 2D and 3D graphic design solutions
- Create detailed drawings, documentation and specifications
- Develop and edit production ready artwork
- Assist with the review of shop drawings and samples
- Assist with implementation of project during construction
- Collaborate with architects, interior designers and other consultants
- Coordinate with fabricators and vendors, as needed and directed
- Coordinate and communicate with clients, as needed and directed
- Assist with various in-house graphic design tasks for communications, marketing
- and promotion of the studio and firm
- Report daily to your direct Project Manager(s)
- Report, as needed, to the Director(s) and Principals of the studio
- Report, as needed, to other leadership within the firm
- 2 - 4 years of experience in environmental / experiential graphic design
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design,Industrial Design, Architecture, Interior Design or related
- Advanced skills in typography, composition, and color theory
- Understanding of architectural scales and drawings
- Experience with the development of design intent documents
- Experience coordinating directly with fabricators and vendors
- High-level proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud Apps
- High-level proficiency in Windows
- Personable and professional with clients
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Excellent communication skills (verbally and written)
- Be professional and organized with the ability to multitask
- Have a fearless go-getter attitude
What to Join Us?
Email your resume and portfolio as one single PDF or provide a link to your Website to “email@example.com” (Max. File Size: 20MB).
Media Objectives is a multidisciplinary design studio uniquely housed within the architectural firm, Valerio Dewalt Train. Leveraging design, we better connect people to spaces, brands and ideas. Our team of curious, committed and talented creatives come from diverse backgrounds - including visual communication, architecture, interior design, industrial design and brand strategy. We work with the best tech companies, developers, and institutions around the world to bring their brands to life - including Google, Adobe, Glassdoor, Chicago Park District, the University of Chicago and Cal Poly State University.
Media Objectives at Valerio Dewalt Train offers competitive wages and benefits including health and dental insurance, transit benefits, 401K plan and profit sharing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.