WE ARE LOOKING FOR A CREATIVE HUMAN RESOURCES (HR) GENERALIST TO JOIN OUR TALENTED AND ENERGETIC TEAM ON A PART-TIME BASIS IN OUR CHICAGO OFFICE.
High potential for eventual transition to a full-time position.
- Employee onboarding (orientation, development, and training)
- Employee policy development and documentation retention in accordance with industry standards
- Performance management and improvement systems
- Employee relations/communication
- Employee services and general counseling
- Provides day-to-day benefits administration services. Assist employees with any claim issues
- Develops and schedules benefits orientations and other benefits training
- Administers the 401(k) plan and completes yearly compliance reporting
- Administers disability and worker’s compensation claims
- Recommends changes in benefits offered, especially new benefits aimed at employee satisfaction and retention
- Complies with all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements including any related to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the Department of Labor, worker compensation, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and so forth. Maintains minimal company exposure to lawsuits
- Protects the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations
EDUCATION / REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, or Organization Development or equivalent
- Two to five plus years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources programs
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labor relations, preferred
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred, not required
ADDITIONAL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Effective oral and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping
How to Apply
Email resume (pdf) to Evan Strauss at email@example.com. Please, no phone calls or office visits. Due to the high number of applications we receive, only those shortlisted will receive a response back.
Valerio Dewalt Train Associates is an award winning architectural and design firm with offices in Chicago, San Francisco, Palo Alto, and Denver. We offer a high energy work environment focused on producing award-winning design for a demanding clientele. Our diverse and cross-disciplinary staff enjoys the close-knit character of our company culture, where they are encouraged to take responsibility for making VDTA an exciting and rewarding place to work.