The Media Objectives Studio is hiring an experienced Environmental Graphic Designer in the Bay Area.
Media Objectives is an award-winning interdisciplinary studio at VDTA that leverages design to better connect people to spaces, brands and ideas. We have several upcoming exciting projects and we’re looking for a new team member to join us in our San Francisco and Palo Alto office. If you are enthusiastic about pushing design beyond expectations, working across mediums, and enriching the experience of the built environment through visual communication, this is the team for you.
What You’ll Do
On a day-to-day basis you’ll collaborate with our team members in all three offices to develop and implement creative environmental, print and digital design solutions representative of our clients’ brands. As a smaller studio, you’ll be working hands-on throughout all aspects of a project – including research, programming, concept design and development as well as the implementation process. We’re specifically looking for someone that has a core interest in designing signage and wayfinding, experiential workplace branding, donor installations, and specialized exhibits.
• 3 to 5 years of experience.
• Bachelor Degree in Architecture, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Interior Design or related program.
• Experience in environmental / experiential graphic design.
• Knowledge of ADA Standards.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
• Ability to communicate and comprehend design directional quickly.
• Strong Adobe Creative Cloud Skills
• Understanding of architectural drawings.
• Project management experience.
• Experience with managing client relationships.
• Experience with coordinating project consultants and vendors.
• Professional, organized and able to multi-task.
• Fearless go-getter attitude.
An Added Bonus If You Have…
• CAD and 3D modeling software experience.
• Business minded (schedules, budgets and project management).
• Personable and professional with client relationships.
• Experience with web-based editing and organization software (Slack, Trello, Google Docs, etc.)
• Flexible schedule (for travel & the occasional rushed deadline)
Email a PDF of your resume and portfolio (Max File Size: 10MB) to Joe Lawton at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form below. Please, no phone calls or office visits.